Skip to main content

Audition Guidance

Do you have an upcoming audition for college entrance, regional, state or other auditions? I can help you improve your audition.

One of the best things you can do as a musician is to play for others.  Add playing for professionals who have tons of experience with auditions, and knowledge of what it takes to succeed and perform at your finest, and you have a recipe for success!

I have auditioned for every major orchestra in the US (and some abroad as well) and have advanced to finals.  Plus, I have coached students and listened to colleagues countless times.   I also have a unique approach to playing.  The combination of my extensive experience and unique approach allows me to, first, determine whether you have an issue, or whether your issue is just "in your head;" second, to "see" an issue (if you have one) that you are unable to solve by yourself because it is invisible to you; and finally, to provide you with steps that will concretely solve the issue.

If you want experienced coaching to help prepare for your audition, call or email me to schedule an appointment to come to my studio (New Haven metro area).  Too far away?  I also offer coaching via SKYPE.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of the New Bach C Trumpets and Eb

Just had a chance to try the new line of Bach Artisan C trumpets as well as the "Philly" and "Chicago" C trumpets. For me, the "Philly" C was great. I loved the response, flexibility, intonation, and sound of all the C's I tried. The "Chicago" model was quite good as well, but was a bit more zippy for me. Both instruments were close in feel and response. I preferred the "Philly" model. Very nice horn! I was quite surprised to find I didn't like the Artisan Model. It was a good horn with nice color, but I felt the flexibility was a bit stiff, and the sound was good, but different enough for me to prefer the "Philly" sound. I felt there were some standard intonation issues that didn't work so well for me. Unfortunately, I didn't get to try a silver plated one as someone bought it before the day began. Jury is still out for me on this. But, I can't imagine the flexibility issues (for me) will change on the s

District Congratulations

All of my students who auditioned for districts did extremely well this year. Those that did not make it came VERY close. I am very proud of you all! Late congratulations go to Mark Soo who made Senior District and had a wonderful time at the event. Congratulations go to Michael Soo who as a Freshman missed getting into Senior Districts by one point. Michael made first chair in Junior Districts! Michael has only been playing for 2 years, so this is quite a feat! Congratulations to Christopher Souza who made Districts as a 7th grader. You rock, Chris!! Congratulations to everyone for working so hard and getting up in front of a judge with confidence!

New Principal Trumpet for Porgy and Bess 75 Anniversary Tour

I will be going on Tour for the next 7 weeks all over the US as Principal Trumpet in Gershwin's "Porgy and Bess" 75th Anniversary Tour! I am very excited and hope anyone in the area can come out to see the show and say "hi". We will be in VanWert, Columbus, Portsmouth, and Cincinatti, OHIO; Overland Park, KANSAS; Forth Worth, San Antonio, and Galveston, TEXAS; Lafayette, LOUISIANA; Oxford, MISSISSIPPI; Jacksonville, Daytona Beach, Miami, Sarasota, Lakeland, and Melbourne, FLORIDA; Columbus, GEORGIA; Asheville, Greensboro, NORTH CAROLINA; Lexington, VIRGINIA; New Brunswick, NEW JERSEY; Greenvale, LI, NEW YORK; Worcester, MASSACHUSETTS; Philadelphia, PENNSYLVANIA; Burlington, VERMONT; Portland, MAINE. Wooo HOOO!!