Skip to main content

Trumpet Teaching Studio in the Boston Area

I created this blog to advertise my availability as a trumpet instructor.

Accepting students of all ages in the greater Boston area.

I have a Graduate Diploma in Trumpet Performance with Distinction from the New England Conservatory of Music, Tanglewood Fellowship, Doctorate and Masters work in Performance and Pedagogy, and a Bachelors of Music Education. I have performed with many top orchestras around the country including the Boston, Baltimore, and Key West symphonies; the Bohsoi and Royal Ballet Orchestras; as well as many regional orchestras in the Boston area.

I teach the concepts of process orientation, keeping the mind off of product focus which is reactionary. Keeping the mind focused on the process of sound production with specific steps allows the mind to stay in the present tense and out of the judgement process.

My studio is avaiable for all levels, but also welcomes students who are preparing for competitions and auditions (college entrance, district and state level competitions, etc...) for short term lessons and coaching. I am also available for brass quintet/ensemble coaching and conducting. I studied wind ensemble conducting with Frank Battisti at the New England Conservatory of Music.

I look forward to assisting you with your musical advancement.

My former teachers are Charles Schlueter, Timothy Morrison, Vincent Penzerelli, Leon Rapier, and James Bursen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of the New Bach C Trumpets and Eb

Just had a chance to try the new line of Bach Artisan C trumpets as well as the "Philly" and "Chicago" C trumpets. For me, the "Philly" C was great. I loved the response, flexibility, intonation, and sound of all the C's I tried. The "Chicago" model was quite good as well, but was a bit more zippy for me. Both instruments were close in feel and response. I preferred the "Philly" model. Very nice horn! I was quite surprised to find I didn't like the Artisan Model. It was a good horn with nice color, but I felt the flexibility was a bit stiff, and the sound was good, but different enough for me to prefer the "Philly" sound. I felt there were some standard intonation issues that didn't work so well for me. Unfortunately, I didn't get to try a silver plated one as someone bought it before the day began. Jury is still out for me on this. But, I can't imagine the flexibility issues (for me) will change on the s

District Congratulations

All of my students who auditioned for districts did extremely well this year. Those that did not make it came VERY close. I am very proud of you all! Late congratulations go to Mark Soo who made Senior District and had a wonderful time at the event. Congratulations go to Michael Soo who as a Freshman missed getting into Senior Districts by one point. Michael made first chair in Junior Districts! Michael has only been playing for 2 years, so this is quite a feat! Congratulations to Christopher Souza who made Districts as a 7th grader. You rock, Chris!! Congratulations to everyone for working so hard and getting up in front of a judge with confidence!

New Principal Trumpet for Porgy and Bess 75 Anniversary Tour

I will be going on Tour for the next 7 weeks all over the US as Principal Trumpet in Gershwin's "Porgy and Bess" 75th Anniversary Tour! I am very excited and hope anyone in the area can come out to see the show and say "hi". We will be in VanWert, Columbus, Portsmouth, and Cincinatti, OHIO; Overland Park, KANSAS; Forth Worth, San Antonio, and Galveston, TEXAS; Lafayette, LOUISIANA; Oxford, MISSISSIPPI; Jacksonville, Daytona Beach, Miami, Sarasota, Lakeland, and Melbourne, FLORIDA; Columbus, GEORGIA; Asheville, Greensboro, NORTH CAROLINA; Lexington, VIRGINIA; New Brunswick, NEW JERSEY; Greenvale, LI, NEW YORK; Worcester, MASSACHUSETTS; Philadelphia, PENNSYLVANIA; Burlington, VERMONT; Portland, MAINE. Wooo HOOO!!